York County Community Foundation’s Embracing Aging Fund builds on the legacy of donor Anna Gardner, who gifted her estate over 110 years ago to assure older York Countians can have the best quality of life possible.
A gift to this fund supports programs and initiatives that help:
- People live easily in their homes and communities
- High quality healthcare
- Older residents remain engaged and valued members of the community, imparting their wisdom and experience with younger generations to create a vibrant and inclusive community and help shape practices and policies.
Why is this important?
We are all living longer. And we all want to live healthy and purposeful lives. As a result of this longevity, older people are reimagining life beyond traditional retirement age and want to remain fully present in their family, their community, and their world.
As a youth-focused culture, assuring the active participation of older adults creates a community where all ages thrive. Creating opportunities for people to age well improves the quality of life for all individuals and families.
What we have learned from YOU is that York Countians want to live where there is:
- supportive neighborhoods, and a variety of accessible housing options
- people of all ages interacting at parks and cultural events
- respect for older people and they are viewed as community assets.
This is the York County we envision and your gift to the Embracing Aging Fund helps support the programs and strategies that will create an age-friendly York County.